He lived ready... Aaron S. Williams, 29, passed away February 4, 2010 following a long, proud and fierce battle with kidney cancer. A valiant warrior, he lived his life with graceful purpose. Diagnosed with cancer at the age of 16, Aaron deliberately marched to the beat of a different drum, defying all medical odds to graduate from Brentwood Christian High School in 1999 and the University of Texas in 2004 with a degree in Electrical Engineering. His talents were employed as a Research Engineer at U.T.'s Center for Electro-Mechanics. Aaron taught us how to live. His indomitable spirit, unwavering obsession for Star Wars and gaming, selfless love for family and friends, and contagious passion for Christ inspired all.


Friday, February 19, 2010

The Lovers- Our Wedding Day from Aaron's POV

Some of you know that I kept a journal of Sam and my courtship. He always joked that he had no memory worth speaking of. So in the first week of our budding romantic relationship, I started the official record. I gave it to him as a wedding gift the first night we spent as man and wife. I even left the last two pages blank for him to record his thoughts about our wedding. What follows is a faithful transcription of his words---creative spelling and all.
May 19th, 2007 started like most every day. I woke up and did something productive. This time I hung a pot rack in the kitchen. The I showered and ran to meet my groomsmen to get ready for my wedding. Of course I forgot several thing that I had to go back and take care of which made me late but got me a free pizza because of my upcomming marrige. My groomsmen, ushers and I then drove down to the wedding site. I learned everything they knew about Startcraft 2 on the way. Once we got there we got cars parked where they were supposed to be the got dressed being very care full to not see the bride. We got pictures taken with the grooms side of the Bridal Party then I was sequestered while the Bride was photographed. The groomsmen took turns keeping me company while I listened to people arriving and the musicians set up. The food arrived too early and there was some panic when someone thought I wasn't in the the room but at that point everything had been set in motion and was out of my hands. Then the time came for me to go out. People had been asking me if I was nervous and I always responded "I made this decision 3 years ago and I have not seen anything since to change my mind." As I walked out the door towards the gazzebo I caught a glimps of Tara. Her beautiful face surrounded by a white nimbus cloud off through the trees. I had never loved her more than at that moment. I seated the mothers and the bridesmaids came out. From the moment I saw my bride again the rest of the world ceased to exist. She was radiant and beautiful and she was mine. She was glorious. The vows were my favorite part as her attention was mine and It was so obvious to me that she had memorized her vows, just like the note she had sent to me earlier that day, it showed how much she thought of me and I reveled in it. I enjoyed the rest of the ceremony with my wife and when we were alone that night she gave me this book which I dearly desire to read. I have attained what few will. I am completed perfectly Aaron.

2 comments:

  1. that is so incredibly sweet. What a wonderful memory to have Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that is so awesome! It's 5am and I'm heading to work.... now a mess LOL I started to cry but then I began laughing because I know that Aaron would be saying something to lighten the mood. I didn't get to hang out with Aaron much but from what I learned about him through Choi while we were at the academy I knew he was a wonderful, caring person. He treated everyone like royalty, including his princess bride. :)

    ReplyDelete